Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Readers Have Spoken!

We're a week and a half away from the NHL Draft and I'm starting to get myself ready for the journey up to Montreal. Gotta get that passport, switch my phone over to international service for a week, get the laptop batteries charged and my writing cap on. I'm getting pretty excited for the opportunity to be there.

I ran a poll last week and asked my readers (don't know exactly how many of you there are?) what they would like to see on Draft Night/Day.

Well, you've spoken and I've heard you. There will be a Live Blog on this site starting at 5:30 PM on Friday, June 26th, to coincide with the Versus coverage and give you guys an extra half an hour of talk time prior to the start of the TV coverage.

The boys and I, (Islesblogger Mike, TigerTrack Tom and Okposo.net Ken, in order below) will be walking the streets of Montreal and the Bell Centre doing as much video work as we can to give everyone an idea of the festivities. I'll let you guys know where and when all that will be available.

What a bunch of mugshots!


Lastly, with the 1st Round in full swing, I believe that we'll be calling in to both Hockey Night on Long Island and IslesNation (who I'm sure will be at the Draft Party in Uniondale) radio broadcasts to give even more up-to-date analysis and intelligence from the Draft floor. Be sure to tune in to one or both during the course of the 1st round.

For Day 2 of the Draft, make sure to tune back in here for the second Live Blog of the weekend starting around 9:30 AM as the 2nd Round gets under way. I'll be taking this one all the way to the end of the 7th round and keeping everyone abreast of the situation.

Keep an eye out for the reminders that I'm going to post starting this weekend on as many spots as I can (Twitter, IslanderMania, etc.) for the Live Blog's. Tell everyone you know to stop by it should be a lot of fun. Thanks for your support, I really do appreciate it. I'll catch up with you as soon as I can with some last minute material before the Draft.

For the time being, head over to LighthouseHockey.com and check out who Dom, Mike and I picked for the SBN Mock Draft. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

No comments: