Monday, August 3, 2009

Our Time has Come...

It's been a hard month and half for me blogging-wise to really come up with new content. I'm not really one to just re-hash the news or try to tread on others turf. Let's just say that I hit a creative impasse as far as things to write about.

Well, now I can safely say: "I'M BACK!"


There are so many things that I've been thinking about for weeks to share with you. The Lighthouse Project, the Rookie Scrimmage, as well as recent signings and moves within the organization.

Let me touch on a these subjects beginning with the most important one: The Lighthouse.

It has been a long time coming that we've finally found ourselves on the precipice of a decision. Many of my fellow bloggers have written hundreds of posts about the issue we face and I'd like to acknowledge their efforts. Please, I urge you to visit The Light Post: The Lighthouse Project's Official Blog written by Katrina Doell whose tireless efforts to not only inform the public through the blog and Twitter have been so vital to the education of people interested in the project. Let There be Light(house) by Nick Giglia has also contributed his own brand of eloquent writing and extremely detailed factual information that has lead to explicit understanding of the project and participation throughout our communities. Last but certainly not least, my fellow Blog Boxers, Dee Karl, who writes for both her site, Unique Perspectives of the 7th Woman and for HockeyBuzz, Mike Schuerlein of Islesblogger and several others who have been proponents of the project as long as I can remember as well as mentors to me and an amazing force within Islander Country.

The time has come for YOU, the people of Long Island and around the world, to contribute your voices and your opinions to the building of the Lighthouse Project. Above this post, you'll find banners dedicated to the Rally and March, the Public Hearing and How to Send Comments to the Town of Hempstead regarding the Lighthouse Project. Let your voices be heard as well as your presence felt. Your contribution is vital to the process.

As I stated back in March, right here and now is an unprecedented time in our lives. Back then, as now, history is unfolding right in front of our eyes. What makes this kind of history so special is that we can mold it how we choose. People like you and I have the opportunity to use our voices to move mountains and change policies.

Now, is our time.

Tomorrow, August 4th, 2009 is the most important day that we can show our support for the Lighthouse Project. At 8AM a rally will gather in the Nassau Coliseum Parking Lot 8 to show the world our unwavering endorsement of a project that will help be the catalyst for our well-being as community well into the 21st century. Howie Rose will emcee the event and will introduce special guest speakers who will include NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Lighthouse Project Principal and Islanders owner Charles Wang. Islanders Alumni, many local elected officials and current Islanders current Islanders Josh Bailey and Joel Rechlicz, will be on hand showing their support for the huge development project.

At 8:45AM, the "Just Build It!" march will begin towards the John Cranford Adams Playhouse on the Hofstra campus located across the street. The main hearing will begin at 9:30AM. So if you can't make it to the rally or the march, please try and show your support at the hearing as this will be our final chance to really give those charged with approval an idea of our passion towards the goal of getting a shovel in the ground.

I'm so excited to be a part of this momentous occasion. I've been waiting for this moment in history and can't imagine how this will change my future. If you haven't already, please read this post that I wrote back in February that showcases exactly how I felt then and as I still feel now. I can't begin to replicate the prose that I wrote in that post. It's a piece of writing that is very special to me and describes my passion and desire for this project to the best of my ability.

Isles Notes and Quotes

I have a bulk of material on last month's Rookie Scrimmage. I have plenty of pictures and insight to share and just simply didn't have the impetus to get it all on here. I promise you that you'll see it as soon as I can possibly get all the ideas out of my mind and on to the computer.

I'll also be including some insights into the recent RFA signings of Jack Hillen and Nate Thompson, the hiring of assistant coach Scott Allen, as well as the contract negotiations of Blake Comeau and Matt Martin. There have been plenty of rumors floating around the Isles as well but these need to be put on the back-burner for now.

It's gonna be hard to stay completely on hockey since the Lighthouse Project really deserves to dominate the news. Things are moving along but the work is not done. WE MUST STAY FOCUSED!. We must show up in force to prove to those in political power that the people desire a new economic engine on Long Island. Now is not the time to divert our attention elsewhere! This is the only issue that we as citizens of Long Island need to be concerned with. I hope to see you there tomorrow!

Cheers!

No comments: